Travel: Layover in the City of Lights

India


On the way back from India we had a strategically planned layover in Paris. The few hours there gave us just enough time to see the Eiffel Tower, eat lunch and walk around the city before hopping back on a plane for 8 hours. We visited on a crisp, bright day. A sun halo hovering above us made the streets looked over-exposed.

Seeing Paris after three weeks in India is the strangest transition back to the United States I think you could manage. Even the air was different, more crisp. I felt like every pore of my body oozed American. All Parisians seem smooth, beautiful and effortlessly cooler than me. I don’t know if it’s the historic art and architecture at every corner or if there’s something in the water, but I felt clunky and lame in this city. Having just spent many hours on a plane didn't help either. I needed a flowy black dress and doc martens and red lipstick and a confident air about me to even begin to blend.

This is a city I promised myself I would return to. I want to see the Louvre from the inside next time. I want to plan simple yet beautiful outfits and stay in an apartment. I want to be able to order at a café in French and buy fresh flowers along the river. I want to pretend to be Parisian and see if I can get away with it. I know I will. One day.
India India IndiaIndiaIndia India India IndiaIndia
India

India India
India
See all the photos from India and Paris here

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to visit Paris! 😍 it looks like such a beautiful place.
    Love, Sophia
    www.sophiawhitham.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so beautiful! You'll have to go one day. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You rock.

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue