Outfit # 72: Mottos and Mantras

outfit # 72

I’m big on mottos and mantras and chants or any hopeful little phrase that reminds me to move forward. My newest one is, “I can do all things.” An indiscreet reference to Philippians 4:13 aka I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

It’s a good reminder that 1.) I am not alone and 2.) I am not incapable. Every day I’ve been having these punch-you-in-the-brain reminders that few people get to do what I’m doing right out of college. That thing being: exactly what I would like to do. Which is, in summation: talking to people, writing about them, helping other people write, making art, taking photos, staying home, going out, joining communities, making new ones, watching Netflix shows about art, cuddling with my dogs, developing more deep and meaningful relationships with my friends and family etc.

And I also keep having these just-stubbed-your toe revelations that everyone has a different path to their own kind of success. And that’s so freaking cool. It can be summed up with one word: diversity. I’m so down for everyone not wanting to do what I’m doing because 1.) I get to watch them do cool, different things and 2.) It means my world is less competitive and scary in some ways.

So here’s to doing your own thing, following your own path and remembering your inner strength and capabilities. I’ve always thought that with all the horrible that people can do, there is an equal, and greater, good they can do. I can be a part of that good however I choose to and so can you. So do it. Your own way. 

outfit # 72 outfit # 72 outfit # 72 outfit # 72
Shout out to the girl at Grassroots Coffee for offering up a sweet compliment on my outfit. Here we have velvet patterned leggings with a flowy, floral top with what I like to call a grandpa sweater. To empower the little pink falling flowers, I paired this with some funky pink sunglasses that I picked up at a BBQ festival. Then a pair of cute gold flats with beaded pompoms wear nicely with the sunnies. I added a little sparkle with a charmed bracelet I also bought at the fest. 
outfit # 72 outfit # 72 outfit # 72

Comments

  1. You are for sure working those glasses girl! xx Plus your photography is gorgeous! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, I really enjoyed reading it :) I also love those pink flower pics :) Pink is my colour!

    New GFC follower :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for the follow!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You rock.

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue