Perry Fair

From the Ferris Wheel
A selfie on the super tall, dizzying swing
Ferris shadow across the fair
Looking at cows and horses and the sun setting
A circus show
GIZMO

I won a game at the fair. 
I WON A GAME AT THE FAIR. 
The barker said that if we slid him $15 we could have any prize. I saw Gizmo there and almost died. But I walked away anyway. After some walking and the early signs of regret I went back prepared to fork over a twenty. The booth was almost full. I shuffled over and flailed my three dollars to play. It was a water shooting game. In a trained sniper kind of way I shot at the target and watched my stuffed bear rise and rise. 
"Number NINE!" I checked my number. 
I WAS NUMBER NINE. 
"Choose any prize." 
I pointed, and then afraid he wouldn't know which one I pointed to I said giddily, "Gizmo!" 
The barker went on to say something about not giving him water, but I was deaf to him and barely noticed my disgruntled opponents slink away. 

There are many things I want to talk about. But I think I'll just leave it at that.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY // Resources to build your blog

Recent work // October

Travel #TBT // Unicoi State Park