Outfit # 31: Tomb Raider

    It's weird and cool how clothes can make one feel. In this outfit I feel like Lara Croft Tomb Raider. If you're not familiar, Lara Croft is basically a badass. There's no other way to put it. With one hand-crafted-looking necklace, skinny black slacks, black boots and one sick side braid, I feel like I could LEAD MY PEOPLE TO BATTLE. And by "my people" I mean other people who suddenly feel empowered by their clothing. Obvi. For serious though, I can't help but walk powerfully in these boots. Good clothes can give a good confidence. 
    And besides all that, the semester is over. There was only one class I didn't ace... TRIGONOMETRY. Math just ain't my thang. But I did like my professor. One day in class she talked about different kinds of mathematicians. She is a purist mathematician, which means she doesn't care about what function the math serves, she wants to do it solely because it is possible to do. It's possible, so it can be done, so I should do it. She said she got chills just talking about it. In all honesty, I could have made an A in that class if I worked harder. I should have been in the tutoring center everyday. I should have seen her outside of class more. But I didn't want to. I didn't want to devote my time to something I only care about because of a grade. And while I'm being honest, if I could do it all over I wouldn't change a thing. I don't know if that makes me really smart or really stupid. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue