What I've Been Making Lately: Food

White Sprinkle Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting



    I got a massive urge to make a cake, so I did. I made it in a bundt pan and it turned out looking like a giant doughnut. Oh, and when I got a massive urge to make a cake, I specifically got an urge to make a sprinkle covered cake. I was looking up all these ridiculous tutorials to sprinkle ALL THE CAKE. One of them was like, use a tool that only profesh bakers have and roll the cake in a pan of sprinkles. Yeaaaaaaah, no. So my Mom came up with something more awesome (and messy). Mom held a piece of printer paper at an angle to the side of the cake. I shook sprinkles on to the paper and the sprinkles shot off onto the cake. Basically, Mom made a sprinkle ramp. It was hilarious. Sprinkles were everywhere. And let me just tell you, vacuuming and sweeping up sprinkles is a challenge. I was having more luck getting them stuck to my bare feet. The cake was super delicious. The only sad part was the dye from the sprinkles melting off and turning the cake black. Well, it was actually kind of funny. Bright, happy, sunshine cake turns black.


 French Pastry Puffs


    I found this recipe and wanted to try it out. But I kinda messed it up. I used baking soda and self-rising flour, so I think that through off the texture. I also expected them to taste different. I was expecting something like those sugar rolls at a Chinese restaurant. Do you know what I am talking about? We always get them, and I wanted to try to make some. Overall, these were okay in my book. I didn't make them perfectly, but one thumbs up for giving it a shot. 



Wild Berry Muffins


No special secrets or recipes here. I just used a mix. I did sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, to make things a little fancy.


What have you been making lately?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recent work // October

DIY // Resources to build your blog

How to: Dry Flowers (and what to do with them)