DIY Makeup Brush Jar
What you need:
- clean pickle jar
- tissue paper
- mod podge
- old paint brush
- Cut up tissue paper into an assortment of shapes.
- Keep shapes safe in a bowl, Harry Potter bowl not mandatory, but recommended.
- Use paint brush to apply a thin layer of mod podge to jar and apply shapes.
- Continue to apply shapes, and work around the stickers.
- Let dry.
- Pickle jars are deeper than my makeup brushes are tall, so I added a good layer of dyed rice on the bottom.
- Dye rice with food coloring and let dry. I also added some essential oil, so my jar would smell nice.
Doesn't that look cute? It's a major upgrade from my old makeup brush holder. My old one was a potato can... what? It's recycling! Anyway, if your wondering about a pickle smell, there wasn't one unless I kept the lid on, then it got real stanky up in there. But while the lid is off, and because I added a little splash of essential oil, it smells AMAZING.
Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll share a recipe I used to clean my makeup brushes.