DIY: Make-up Brush Cleaner
The brush cleaner recipe and steps are from here. I'll reiterate them, but go ahead and check out that post because it has even more tips on keeping your brushes clean!
2 parts dish-washing liquid (or baby shampoo) and 1 part olive oil (I used table spoons)
- Mix dish-washing liquid, olive oil and a little bit of water on a plate.
- Gently swish brush bristles around on plate.
- Take brush under running water (always have brush pointing down) and work up lather.
- Rinse well with water and gently squeeze excess water out without pulling the bristles.
- Air dry with bristles pointing down. If water gets where the the bristles are glued, the glue will loosen and the bristles will fall out.