Outfit # 16: Garment Tale


   I like when clothes can inspire you to re-write your own story in your head. For instance, whenever I wear this dress I think I am a farm girl who only listens to Johnny Cash and Hank Williams. It makes me want to go climb trees and not care if my lovely lady lumps are hanging out. It makes me want to go to the river and build my own boat. It makes me want to read Tom Sawyer. It makes me want to steal pies cooling on windowsills. It makes me want. This dress, all by itself, can make me feel a wanting, a yearning, for another invisible life. In this way, clothes are pretty amazing. We can build different life stories with every outfit.

Maggie

Gizmo



What is your favorite story that came with a garment of clothing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Looking back // 2017 #Goals

How to: Pressed flowers before & after