I am so looking forward to my stitches coming out. I just had my wisdom teeth extracted this past Wednesday and I have had one stitch come out. I'm ready for them all to go. Also, Mom and I are going out to take pictures of graves for other genealogists. My Mom is really into genealogy and a lot of information comes from tombstones, plus old tombstones are really cool. Anyway, on this website people request pictures of graves and there are some requests for graveyards in town. Mom and I want to contribute to it. We're pretty excited!
How cool it is to be a kid. I'm trying to remind myself that in the big broad spectrum of things I know practically nothing. I don't want to go through an I-know-everything phase. I want to be humble. It's all fine and dandy to be smart, but I just need to remind myself that every person I meet knows something I don't. Despite their education, wealth, social status, they know something I don't. And I need to remain open enough to learn from everyone.
Obviously, based on all the posts from last week I just finished reading Jane Eyre. I'm taking some time off before starting a new book to get caught up on reading for school. Yaaaaaaay...
A center piece for Easter which will hopefully be posted about later this week. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. I hope it comes out as brilliant as I imagine it. Also, I saw a post on how to do high speed photography. I want to try it out!
First I rinsed all of the feathers off with a spray nozzle, avoiding the rest of the shade as much as possible. And let me tell you... it reeks. It smelled so horrible, I could not believe it. I went to sleep that night with the smell still stuck in my nose. Once all of the feathers were wet I lathered up some shampoo on my hands and carefully ran my fingers over the feathers. I could see the dirt washing off. In sections, I repeated shampooing and rinsing. I kept my shade on the edge of the sink and rotated it until all of the feathers had bee shampooed. I gently squeezed the feathers with a wash cloth. Then I turned it upside down to dry. After and hour or two the feathers were dry, but still stuck together. I used a hairdryer to fluff the feathers. It was magical. The feathers suddenly came back to life, back to defying gravity! It's so fluffy! Keep in mind, my lamp wasn't super expensive, and it was old. I was fully prepared for the worst. I
There were a lot of crayon D.I.Y.s going around the interwebs and I wanted to try one. I had a lot of fun doing this project and I learned A LOT about making candles. Throughout this here post I'm going to give you some major tips on how to make good, sustainable candles from crayons. I made some mistakes, but I want you to know what I now know. Cool? Cool. Let's get started. Here is what you will need: Old crayons Small mason jars Wicks Pot with boiling water Cleaned out can Plastic Spoon Pliers Wax Paper Plate Knife and Cutting Board First: Get all your crayons naked. Rip that paper off your crayons. I had quite a pile when I finished. Second: Separate all your crayons into the color scheme you would like for your candles. Third: Dump crayons into bowl. Because now you have to prep your jar... Forth: Glue candle wick into jar. You can use a simple hot glue, just so it will stay in place when pouring in wax. Fifth: Cut
It is jewelry week! This is a pretty unique jewelry piece. It was very easy to make, although a bit tedious. It'll definitely add a little *WAH-BAM* to your outfit. What you need: Butterfly shaped peg board perler beads iron adhesive felt chain and clasp Perler bead peg boards can be found at Wal*Mart or another craft supply store. Here is a pack online that comes with seven different shapes including the butterfly. Place beads onto peg board into any design you would like, with any color scheme. Get creative and do your thing! Iron, iron, iron. Following the instructions that come with the beads. I decided to back my butterfly with adhesive felt. I actually made this a while back, but I accidently hit it and one of the wings broke apart. After Frankenstein-ing it back together by re-ironing it I attached the adhesive felt and cut-off excess. It adds a bit more durability. The top corners of the wings is where I attached the jump rings and cha