Recipe: Creative Ramen

At lunch today I told Mom that I wanted to start cooking more. I see so many delicious looking recipes and I think, "I WANT TO EAT THAT FOOD." So, why not? Sure I could use excuses like, "It's too expensive","I'll get ALL the dishes dirty", or "The stove doesn't like me!" That last one may sound like a stretch, but trust me, it isn't. Anyway, I told my Mom that'd I really like to make something awesome with Ramen. What if I could make Ramen like The Ramen Girl? My Mom was all like, "Why don't you boil some chicken and add to it?"
Yes. Yes, please.


So here is how I made Creative Ramen:

What you will need...
  • 1 pack of chicken flavored ramen noodles
  • A small pack of baby carrots
  • Two stalks of celery
  • 1 frozen bone and skin free chicken breast




  1. Get that chicken boiling. On the oven have a pot filled with enough water to cover the chicken breast. Add seasonings before it starts to boil, so all that flavor will soak right in. (I used salt, pepper, lawry's, kikkoman soy sauce, and kikkoman teriyaki sauce.)
  2. After the chicken has boiled for a good 15 minutes take it out and check to see if it is done (no pink in the middle or blood). If it's not done continue to boil before adding any other ingredients until it is completely cooked. 
  3. Next, add chopped celery and carrots to the  boiling pot of water and chicken. Be sure the level of water is covering everything. If you have to add more water, you may want to add a bit more seasoning since it tends to evaporate, but you also don't want to add too much. It's an art.
  4. Let boil until carrots and celery are thoroughly cooked.
  5. In separate bowl heat ramen noodles with water in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
  6.  Once the Ramen noodles are done, drain most of the water and mix in flavor packet
  7. Now, mix the chicken and vegetables with the ramen. 
  8. Enjoy!



This actually made two servings or maybe one serving for someone who is ridiculously hungry.
Spontaneous recipe of the day! Hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue