Christmas DIY: Simple Foam Board Tree

Materials:
  • Foam Board
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Serrated Steak Knife 

How I did it:
  1. Draw template on board
  2. Use serrated steak knife to "saw" the foam board. (This was the best technique for me!)
  3. From the pieces sawed off the foam board, find two similar shapes. Match them up and shave off excess until they are practically identical. 
  4. Admire your tree! Shave and shape as you think it necessary.
  5. Hot glue the left over shapes to either side of the tree, creating a stand.
  6. Paint! 

-original post-

Extra Decorations:
  1. Paper chain links
  2. Use excess foam board to create star
  3. Popsicle sticks with glue and glitter to create snowflakes, hung with fishing line 


I love these little trees. The first I did in a classic Christmas tree style with black outlines, so it would look like a cartoon. The second tree I wanted to make it more winter wonderland. This project was inspired by a picture my mom showed me of a giant ornament made from foam board. It was made by a woman who works with my mom. All of the decorations on the trees are removable so I can decorate them for other holidays. I think it would be really cool to have a New Years tree and Valentines tree and President's Day tree...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue