Christmas DIY: Simple Foam Board Tree
- Foam Board
- Acrylic Paint
- Serrated Steak Knife
- Draw template on board
- Use serrated steak knife to "saw" the foam board. (This was the best technique for me!)
- From the pieces sawed off the foam board, find two similar shapes. Match them up and shave off excess until they are practically identical.
- Admire your tree! Shave and shape as you think it necessary.
- Hot glue the left over shapes to either side of the tree, creating a stand.
- Paper chain links
- Use excess foam board to create star
- Popsicle sticks with glue and glitter to create snowflakes, hung with fishing line
I love these little trees. The first I did in a classic Christmas tree style with black outlines, so it would look like a cartoon. The second tree I wanted to make it more winter wonderland. This project was inspired by a picture my mom showed me of a giant ornament made from foam board. It was made by a woman who works with my mom. All of the decorations on the trees are removable so I can decorate them for other holidays. I think it would be really cool to have a New Years tree and Valentines tree and President's Day tree...