Jewelry Week: Two Earring D.I.Y.s

It is jewelry week!

Today I'm going to show you how to make two different styles of earrings with two different materials. The first pair are made using Perler beads, the second pair is made using Polymer clay.
Let's get this party started: 


This is what you need for these Perler Bead earrings:
  • Perler Beads
  • Square peg board
  • adhesive felt
  • earring posts/backs
  • E-6000 glue

I choose to do a diamond design in black with a purple line through the middle. I placed the pegs on the board. The earrings are only 3x3, so they're relatively small. I followed the ironing instructions. The only thing I did differently was I didn't iron one side, the side that would be showing, completely. Then I cut-out two circles from the adhesive felt and stuck it to the back for durability. The only thing left to do was glue the earring posts on! I used E-6000, which is a must have for making jewelry. I just let the glue sit for 24 hrs.Before you wear these wash the posts with rubbing alcohol, just to be safe.
After that I was ready to rock! Pretty easy and pretty cute.


 Here is what you will need to make polymer clay earrings:
  • Polymer Clay in 3 colors of your choosing
  • A small pan that you DON'T use for cooking
  • Earring posts and backs
  • E-6000 glue

I rolled out the top color into two balls of the same size. I did the next one the same way, only a bit smaller. Then repeated with the last color. Then I smooshed them together making the top flat. On what I determined to be the back of the earring I inserted the post. I covered the base of the post with a thin piece of clay. I read that when layering Polymer clay you should "scratch up" the pieces were they attach so they will hold together better. Although, my earrings seem to be doing fine without it. Just bake according to instructions and let them cool. Wash the posts with some rubbing alcohol and wear those babies out on the town!


Those were two, pretty easy earring crafts, right?
 Be sure to follow, so you can get updates for other cute DIYS!
You can follow through Blogger or Bloglovin or by e-mail or on my tumblr

Comments

  1. Wow these earrings are great! I have been searching for some unique gifts for my wife's birthday and I really like the idea of these. Unfortunately I highly doubt I could make them. I can fix any car but when it comes to earrings I'd be lost. Hopefully I can find something similar to these from a wholesale jewellery seller! Great stuff, I'm glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do it! And thank you for your compliments!
      Maybe your wife would enjoy my blog, so at the very least she'd have some inspiration.

      Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been looking for the best way to attach studs to small perler bead pieces to make earrings. Just one question, where do you buy your adhesive felt from? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Well, thank you! I love sharing them!

      I get my adhesive felt from WalMart because there are no specialty craft stores where I live! The adhesive felt is with all the kids crafts at WalMart. I hope you're able to find some.

      Thank you for your kindness!

      Delete
  3. I'm still understanding from you, but I'm making an attempt to achieve my ambitions. I undoubtedly enjoy studying every thing that is posted on your internet site.Keep the stories coming. I preferred it!.
    ca diamond
    california rings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You rock.

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Looking back // 2017 #Goals

Holiday Treats: Stir and Drop Sugar Cookies // Chocolate Chip Crisco Cake