Jewelry Week: Perler Bead Butterfly Necklace
It is jewelry week!
This is a pretty unique jewelry piece. It was very easy to make, although a bit tedious. It'll definitely add a little *WAH-BAM* to your outfit.
What you need:
- Butterfly shaped peg board
- perler beads
- adhesive felt
- chain and clasp
Perler bead peg boards can be found at Wal*Mart or another craft supply store. Here is a pack online that comes with seven different shapes including the butterfly.
- Place beads onto peg board into any design you would like, with any color scheme. Get creative and do your thing!
- Iron, iron, iron. Following the instructions that come with the beads.
- I decided to back my butterfly with adhesive felt. I actually made this a while back, but I accidently hit it and one of the wings broke apart. After Frankenstein-ing it back together by re-ironing it I attached the adhesive felt and cut-off excess. It adds a bit more durability.
- The top corners of the wings is where I attached the jump rings and chain. While ironing my holes closed up, so what I did was heat a pin over a candle and used it to re-open the holes.
- Attach all together, adding the clasp. I used a lobster claw clasp.
Go ahead and rock your new necklace and make all the other ladies jealous!