One Flew.

One flew East, One flew West... One flew over the cuckoos nest.


Right now, I'm loving my Senior year. Supreme confidence is taking over! It also helps that all of my teachers are sane... well, for the most part. We've accomplished a lot of reading in my AP Lit class. So far I'm satisfied by all the novel we've read. We just finished ready One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and we finish watching the movie tomorrow. And I have to say, that this is a pretty satisfying novel. To me, it's complete. Some of my classmates said that they didn't like the ending, that it was disappointing. I, however, really thought it brought the story to an appropriate close. It was a bittersweet ending. That's how most things end in life.
The last line is the best line in the entire novel...
"I been away a long time."
Some how, I completely understood. Have I been away?
In high school it's easy to get caught up in the, how do I say this, in the high school mindset. High school kids have a hard time realizing that this place, this life, and most of these people are temporary. They live in this bubble of understanding. And, I got caught up in it too. Usually, I try to keep away from it, but it sucked me in like a huge angsty, teenage, Hurricane of Drama.
I'm glad to have resurfaced. It's nice knowing that there's a future for me. A place where life is different.

Taken at a football game


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 61: Opportunity Cost

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Book & Nail: Room by Emma Donoghue