Uga idols have perched on various corners of Tifton. The sponsored dawgs each have their own name and outfit. Tragedy struck recently as one Uga was spray painted green and gold.
The statue was located near two different college campuses, presumably inciting enough pride and rage in someone to deface it.
Photos of it were plastered online causing public shaming and finger wagging. The anonymous artists made their mark and started a conversation. (Alexa, what is anonymous local viral fame?)
I saw my former professors and classmates share the image and express disappointment—outraged at the immaturity. Comment after comment giving the top bullet points on how disrespectful it was.
I kinda thought it was funny. But then I thought about it more. I thought about it a little too much.
1.) Could you blame them? Let’s say this wasn’t a prank soaked in alcohol. (Let’s collectively ignore the smell of warm Bud Light wafting through the air.) How long has ABAC been an institution in Tifton? Th…
Every time we have a bouquet of flowers in the house I get excited. I get more excited when they start dying, then it's DRYING TIME. I like dried flowers because I think they add this weird mysteriousness to a room. Also, I get to keep bouquets from special occasions. It's pretty cool to have the roses from my junior year drama performance. So, I'll show you the two ways I dry flowers, show some of my flowers, and link up to other tutorials that use flowers in awesome ways.
Pressed Flower: Cut off stem to base of flowerLay it face down, so the petals won't bend, in the back of a book. (Be sure to use an old book that has no meaning, petals can potentially dye pages and wet petals could cause mold.)Place something heavy on top of the book. (I use Little Women, you know like the book, not actual women.)Practice patience. It takes 2-4 weeks for a flower to dry completely.The less wilted a flower is, the more b-e-a-utiful it will be. If you want to get fancy, put a lay…
First I rinsed all of the feathers off with a spray nozzle, avoiding the rest of the shade as much as possible. And let me tell you... it reeks. It smelled so horrible, I could not believe it. I went to sleep that night with the smell still stuck in my nose. Once all of the feathers were wet I lathered up some shampoo on my hands and carefully ran my fingers over the feathers. I could see the dirt washing off. In sections, I repeated shampooing and rinsing. I kept my shade on the edge of the sink and rotated it until all of the feathers had bee shampooed. I gently squeezed the feathers with a wash cloth. Then I turned it upside down to dry. After and hour or two the feathers were dry, but still stuck together. I used a hairdryer to fluff the feathers. It was magical. The feathers suddenly came back to life, back to defying gravity! It's so fluffy!
Keep in mind, my lamp wasn't super expensive, and it was old. I was fully prepared for the worst. I definitely recommend …