Prince of Peace

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
-Jesus of Nazareth
This was quoted in the book Heaven is for Real and it struck me immediately. Being a teenager in a increasingly sexually aware generation, I realized childhood was the epitome of innocence. 
And I miss it.  
I imagined myself a child again. I imagined myself wrapped in God's glory like a blanket. I felt comfort and relief. I am inspired by another blog that is written by another girl, my age... but there is one major difference. Her spiritual connection with God is so deep that she has depicted Jesus in a painting. She is the youngest, and best, artist I have seen. Her depiction of Jesus is... illuminating. Now when I pray I can imagine a face. His face. 
He doesn't look like one nationality.
He doesn't look angry or troubled.
He looks like peace.
Out of all the many depictions of Jesus that I have seen, and trust me, there have been many, this one seems to be the most logical, the most beautiful, the most inspirational.
Out of His eyes you can see a pouring love. 
I feel close to God. My heart thirsts for a more devout me. 
But I know God is with me. He walks with me. He loves me.
I am overcome with His blessings.


"I define spirituality as a search for love, beauty, happiness and wisdom. Spirituality is a journey that we never finish."
-Akiane

At age 8 she depicted Jesus in a painting. She has been named a child prodigy.
All of her works are divided up by her age. 
She normally accompanies the painting with a poem. 
See the painting here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outfit # 62: Remember Why

Looking back // 2017 #Goals

Holiday Treats: Stir and Drop Sugar Cookies // Chocolate Chip Crisco Cake