The most recent batch of pressed flowers came out even better than I expected. Gathered from my yard and my neighbors (Sorry, Ms. Young!), these flowers gave me the best returns I've had in a while. I didn't wait long enough for my last batch to dry completely and they came out all mushy and gross. These I've had drying for a little over a month. This batch is particularly wild because you can see the veins in the petals when held up to the light and for the most part they are strong.
My process for drying flowers has basically remained unchanged. I'm not looking to over complicate this hobby but a flower press would be so cool to have. They even have a press that speeds the process by using a microwave (!!!).
Now I'm left to figure out what to do with my flowers. I've put them ornaments, used them for display and to create neat illustrations. Until I figure it out I've filed them away into the worn pages of Jane Eyre.